[Foodies] Food & Wine Pairing Monday February 25th 2008

romeo at eurocafe.com romeo at eurocafe.com
Fri Feb 1 16:24:13 EST 2008

  Oh ,February , the month of SUPER BOWL, Valentine's Day, Arizona
Statehood Day and of course The First Super Tuesday.
  We will be closed on Sunday the Super Bowl Day so none of my cooks &
servers will call in sick for Valentine's Day. Great trade off.
  The reservations are coming in ,so if you plan on dinning here please
call: 480-962-4224  early for best times. We will do our best to
accommodate all your requests.
   For other suggestions :
Go see Michael @ :http://www.grainbeltgrillhouse.com/
or Jeff @ :http://www.flancers.com/
    If you have other plans, before or/after dinner ,please go see Devin &
Darlene @ Vine Expressions : http://www.vineexpressions.com/ The only,
the best wine bar in GILBERT.
  Now for the pairing :
When : Monday February 25th 2008
The Winery : C.G Di Arie : http://www.cgdiarie.com/
Where : 207 N Gilbert Rd Gilbert Az 85234
How Much : $ 45.00 + tip/tax
The Menu will be up in couple of days :
http://www.eurocafe.com/calendar.html
I'll e-mail you with the details.
See you soon. Romeo

These are very good.  Especially the ones at the bottom of the page.

VERY INTERESTING STUFF
In the 1400's a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to
beat his wife
with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb"
Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen
Only..Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English
language.
The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred
and Wilma
Flintstone.
Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the U.S . Treasury.
Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.
Coca-Cola was originally green.
It is impossible to lick your elbow.
The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work:
Alaska
The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% (now get this...)
The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $ 16,400
The average number of people airborne over the U.S. In any given hour:
61,000
Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.
The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.
Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:
Spades - King David
Hearts - Charlemagne
Clubs -Alexander, the Great
Diamonds - Julius Caesar
111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the
air, the
person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air the
person died as
a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on
the ground,
the person died of natural causes.
Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John
Hancock and
Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last
signature wasn't
added until 5 years later.
Q. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what?
A. Their birthplace
Q. Most boat owners name their boats. What is the most popular boat name
requested?
A. Obsession
Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until
you would
find the letter "A"?
A. One thousand
Q. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser
printers
all have in common?
A. All were invented by women.
Q. What is the only food that doesn't spoil?
A. Honey
Q. Which day are there more collect calls than any other day of the year?
A. Father's Day
In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes.
When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer
to sleep
on. Hence the phrase......... "goodnight, sleep tight."
It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month
after the
wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead
he could
drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based,
this period
was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon..
In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts... So in old England ,
when
customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them "Mind your pints
and quarts,
and settle down."
It's where we get the phrase "mind your P's and Q's"
Many years ago in England , pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the
rim, or
handle, of their ceramic cups. When they needed a refill, they used the
whistle to
get some service. "Wet your whistle" is the phrase inspired by this practice.
At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
-
Don't delete this just because it looks weird. Believe it or not, you can
read it.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy,
it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny
iprmoatnt tihng
is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a
taotl
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the
huamn mnid
deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2008 when...
1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that
they don't
have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if
anyone is home
to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't even have
the first
20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn
around to
go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this
message.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this
list.
NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.
Go on, forward this to your friends. You know you want to!