[Foodies] Food & Wine Pairing Schedule

romeo at eurocafe.com romeo at eurocafe.com
Mon Jul 21 16:55:29 EDT 2008

Where has the summer gone ? is the question most kids and parents are
asking, never mind the teachers.It's almost that time so here it is, the
schedule for Food & Wine Pairings for the next few months:
Monday August 25th 2008
Monday September 22nd 2008
Monday October 20th 2008
The details are to follow.
A reminder of the upcoming pairing
:http://www.eurocafe.com/gallery.html?galleryid=20080602001&Evermore_Session=24a161850cfbdeb321d37aea079861da
For reservations please call : 480-962-4224

Thank you for your support!

Janice & Romeo

M&M's: The Theory of Evolution

      Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to
continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species.To
this end, I hold M&M duels.Taking two candies between my thumb and
forefinger,I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of
them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the
inferior one immediately.
     The winner gets to go another round.I have found that, in general,
the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are
genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a
race cannot survive long in the intense theatre of competition that
is the modern candy and snack-food world.Occasionally I will get a
mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the
rest.
     Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare
occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species
continues to adapt to its environment.When I reach the end of the
pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd.
     Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it
neatly in an envelope and send it to: M&M Mars, A Division of Mars,
Inc. Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card
reading,
"Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."