[Foodies] Taste of Romeo's Euro Cafe Table for 10 Thursday( 01/06/2011)

romeo at eurocafe.com romeo at eurocafe.com
Mon Jan 3 16:18:00 EST 2011

Hello Foodies,
Each Thursday I will be choosing some selections of our menu
:1-appetizer,1-salad,2-entrees and 1-dessert and call it
" Taste of Romeo's Euro Cafe Table for 10"
This 5 course meal will be a smaller version of the food we serve
every day.
Five courses for $25.00+ tax,tip.I believe this is is a great value and
will give everyone involved an opportunity to know each other.For Janice &
I will be a chance introduce perhaps some new menu items and to ask and
answer some questions concerning the how,why or why not of Romeo's Euro
Cafe.
Next one will be this Thursday o1-06-2011 @ 6.30 PM
Space is limited so call early with the reservations.
I'll be pairing to food with some of the wines on the "Boards" for an
extra $5.00.That is $5.00 for 5 wines.
For reservations please call 480-962-4224
I'll be posting the menu each Monday on our Face book
page:http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Romeos-Euro-Cafe/203001831659 or if
you want it tweeted :http://twitter.com/EuroChef or you can open the
attachment.
Hope to see you soon,
Janice & Romeo

CHANGES  ARE COMING  ----

Whether  these changes are good or bad depends in part on  how we adapt to
them. But, ready or not, here  they  come

1. The Post  Office. Get ready to imagine a  world without the post office.
They are so  deeply in financial trouble that there is  probably no way to
sustain it long term. Email,  Fed Ex, and UPS have just about wiped out the
minimum revenue needed to keep the post office  alive. Most of your mail
every day is junk mail  and  bills.

2. The  Check.  Britain is  already laying the groundwork to do away with
checks by 2018. It costs the financial system  billions of dollars a year to
process checks.  Plastic cards and online transactions will lead  to the
eventual demise of the check. This plays  right into the death of the post
office. If you  never paid your bills by mail and never received  them by
mail,the post office would absolutely  go out of  business.

3. The  Newspaper. The younger  generation simply doesn't read the
newspaper.  They certainly don't subscribe to a daily  delivered print
edition. That may go the way of  the milkman and the laundry man. As for
reading  the paper online, get ready to pay for it. The  rise in mobile
Internet devices and e-readers  has caused all the newspaper and magazine
publishers to form an alliance. They have met  with Apple, Amazon, and the
major cell  phone companies to develop a model for paid  subscription
services.

4. The  Book. You say you will never  give up the physical book that you
hold in your  hand and turn the literal pages. I said the same  thing about
downloading music from iTunes. I wanted my hard copy CD. But I quickly
changed my  mind when I discovered that I could get albums  for half the
price without ever leaving  home to get the latest music. The same  thing
will happen with books. You can browse a  bookstore online and even read a
preview chapter  before you buy. And the price is less than half  that of
a real book.
And think of the  convenience! Once you start flicking your  fingers on the
screen instead of the book, you  find that you are lost in the story, can't
wait  to see what happens next, and you forget that  you're holding a gadget
instead of a  book.

5. The Land Line  Telephone. Unless you have a  large family and make a lot
of local calls, you  don't need it anymore. Most people keep it  simply
because they've always had it. But you  are paying double charges for that
extra  service. All the cell phone companies will let  you call customers
using the same cell provider  for no charge against your  minutes

6. Music. This  is one of the saddest parts of the change story.  The music
industry is dying a slow death.  Not just because of illegal downloading.
It's  the lack of innovative new music being given a  chance to get to the
people who would like to  hear it. Greed and corruption is the problem.  The
record labels and the radio conglomerates  are simply self-destructing. Over
40% of the  music purchased today is "catalog items,"  meaning traditional
music that the public is  familiar with. Older established artists. This  is
also true on the live concert circuit. To  explore this fascinating and
disturbing topic  further, check out the book, "Appetite for
Self-Destruction" by Steve Knopper, and the  video documentary, "Before
the Music  Dies."

7. Television. Revenues  to the networks are down dramatically. Not just
because of the economy. People are watching TV  and movies streamed from
their computers. And  they're playing games and doing lots of other
things that take up the time that used to be  spent watching TV. Prime
time shows  have degenerated down to lower than the lowest  common
denominator. Cable rates are skyrocketing  and commercials run about every
4 minutes and 30  seconds.I say good riddance to most of it. It's  time
for the  cable
companies to be put out of our misery. Let  the people choose what they
want to watch online  and  through Netflix.

8. The "Things" That You  Own. Many of the very  possessions that we used
to own are still in our  lives, but we may not actually own them in the
future. They may simply reside in "the cloud."Today your computer has a
hard drive and you  store your pictures, music, movies, and  documents. Your
software is on a CD or DVD, and  you can always re-install it if need be.
But all of that is changing. Apple, Microsoft,  and Google are all
finishing up their  latest "cloud services." That means that when  you
turn on a computer,the Internet will be  built into the operating system.
So, Windows,  Google, and the Mac OS will be tied straight  into the
Internet. If you click an icon, it will  open something in the Internet
cloud. If you  save something,it will be saved to the cloud.  And you may
pay a monthly subscription fee to the cloud  provider.
In  this virtual world, you can access your music or  your books, or your
whatever from any  laptop or handheld device. That's the good news.
But, will you actually own any of this "stuff"  or will it all be able to
disappear at any  moment in a big "Poof?" Will most of the things  in our
lives be disposable and whimsical? It  makes you want to run to the closet
and pull out  that photo album, grab a book from the shelf, or  open up a
CD case and pull out the  insert.

9. Privacy. If  there ever was a concept that we can look back  on
nostalgically, it would be privacy. That's  gone. It's been gone for a
long time anyway.  There are cameras on the street, in most of the
buildings, and even built into your computer and  cell phone. But you can
be sure that 24/7,"They" know who you are and where you are, right  down
to the GPS coordinates,and the Google  Street View. If you buy something,
your habit is  put into a zillion profiles, and your ads will  change to
reflect those habits. And "They" will  try to get you to buy something
else. Again and  again.

10. Independent Restaurants?
Not so much! No personal Chef in the Box yet!
All  we will have that can't be changed are  memories.